AVENATUR (Tourism, Ornithology and Nature Fair)
This is an international trade fair which takes place at the Exhibition Centre of Sariñena. The aim of the fair is to promote the area as an ornithological tourist destination and to preserve the natural environment, particularly protected species or endangered species in Monegros. This region is home to unique plant and animal ecosystems not found in other parts of the world, the highlight being the large number of birds, many of which are protected in the Laguna de Sariñena which receives 15,000 visits a year.
About 2,000 birds from different European countries and hundreds of breeders come together in Sariñena to compete in this show that has made Sariñena the national capital of birds.
- Spanish Poultry Championships, Tippler (pigeon) racing and a Rabbit race
- Exhibition of pure bred poultry both foreign and domestic
- Birdwatching at the Interpretation Centre of La Laguna de Sariñena
- Panel discussions and presentations
- Competition and photo exhibition
- Exhibition and Live Birds of Prey
- Bird banding workshops
- Screening of the documentary “El reino de las aves: La Laguna de Sariñena” (The Kingdom of Birds: La Laguna de Sariñena)
- Permanent exhibition of nests
- Marketing of products from the poulty sector
- Tasting of the products of Monegros
More information: www.avenatur.com